Name: Long Winded Pineapple (Hazy IPA)
Style: Specialty IPA (21B)
Type: All Grain
Boil Size: 7.51 gal
Batch Size (fermenter): 5.50 gal
Estimated OG: 1.073 SG
Estimated Color: 5.0062163
Estimated IBU: 75.9 IBUs (Tinseth)
Estima.ed ABV: 7.9 %
Brewhouse Efficiency: 72.0%
Boil Time: 60 minutes
|6 lbs 8.0 oz||Pale Malt, Maris Otter||Grain||43.3%|
|6 lbs 8.0 oz||Pilsner (2 Row) Ger||Grain||43.3%|
|2 lbs||Rye, Flaked||Grain||13.3%|
|0.50 oz||Chinook [13.0%] - Boil 30.0 min||Hop||-|
|1.00 oz||BRU-1 [14.0%] - Boil 5.0 min||Hop||-|
|1.00 oz||El Dorado [14.3%] - Boil 5.0 min||Hop||-|
|0.50 oz||Chinook [13.0%] - Boil 5.0 min||Hop||-|
|2.00 oz||BRU-1 [14.0%] - Steep/Whirlpool. 20.0 min||Hop||-|
|2.00 oz||Nelson Sauvin [12.0%] - Steep/Whirlpool. 20.0 min||Hop||-|
|2.00 oz||BRU-1 [14.0%] - Dry Hop 60.0 min||Hop||-|
|2.00 oz||El Dorado [14.3%] - Dry Hop 60.0 min||Hop||-|
|1 pkg||Juice (Imperial#A38)||Yeast||-|
Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Light Body, Batch Sparge
|Name||Description||Step Temperature||Step Time|
|Mash In||Add 5.19 gal of water at 158.0 F||148.0 F||60.0 mins|
- Flaked Rye - Grain Millers
- Pilster - Mecca Grade Estate Pelton Pilsner
- Maris Otter - Bairds Malt (UK)
- Brewed at home in the garage.
- Bumped up the specs a bit since I got more grain than I needed from the homebrew shop.
- Only had 1 ounce of El Dorado left, so I subbed out the 2oz whirlpool addition with Nelson Sauvin which I had on hand. Will have to use something else for the dry hop.
- Got 2.5G fist runnings then 7.5G pre-boil at 1.044 which is well below the target pre-boil.
- Decided to do a 75 minute boil to possibley improve the gravity.
- Ended up with 5.3G @ 1.058 which is still way under the target :(
- Took a gravity reading and it was 1.012.
- Started chilling it for kegging tomorrow, Thrus, 9/3/2020
Tags: New England IPA