Name: Apocalypso: Pandemic IPA
Style: American IPA (21A)
Type: All Grain
Boil Size: 7.51 gal
Batch Size (fermenter): 5.50 gal
Estimated OG: 1.072 SG
Estimated Color: 5.2918064
Estimated IBU: 63.4 IBUs (Tinseth)
Estima.ed ABV: 7.6 %
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.0%
Boil Time: 60 minutes
|7 lbs 4.0 oz||Pelton Pilsner-style Malt||Grain||50.0%|
|7 lbs||Pale Malt, Maris Otter||Grain||48.3%|
|4.0 oz||Honey Malt||Grain||1.7%|
|1.00 oz||Chinook [13.0%] - Boil 60.0 min||Hop||-|
|1.00 oz||Ekuanot [14.0%] - Boil 5.0 min||Hop||-|
|1.00 oz||Calypso [14.7%] - Steep/Whirlpool. 20.0 min||Hop||-|
|1.00 oz||Cashmere [8.5%] - Steep/Whirlpool. 20.0 min||Hop||-|
|1.00 oz||Calypso [14.7%] - Dry Hop 60.0 min||Hop||-|
|1.00 oz||Cashmere [8.5%] - Dry Hop 60.0 min||Hop||-|
|1.00 oz||Ekuanot [14.0%] - Dry Hop 60.0 min||Hop||-|
|1 pkg||House (Imperial#A01)||Yeast||-|
Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Light Body, Batch Sparge
|Name||Description||Step Temperature||Step Time|
|Mash In||Add 5.03 gal of water at 159.1 F||149.0 F||60.0 mins|
- Started the brew day during (shelter in place!) at 11am at home.
- My mash temperature was a little too low (142 instead of 149F) but I went with it.
- Pre-boil gravity was 1.045, which was much lower than 1.060 target.
- Collected 7.5G @1.045 and did an 80 min boil to increase the OG.
- Added 5.5G @ 1.060 to the fermenter around 3pm.
- Took hydrometer sample, FG is 1.010 so 6.6%abv.
- Chilled to 56F the night before.
- Racked on top of dry hops. Got about 5G.
- Added 1 tsp of gelatin to 1/4 cup of cold water. Stirred and heated in 10s increments until the temp was about 145F.
- Added to keg then pured with co2 3 times.
- Finally set keg in kegerator and hooked it up to CO2 at serving pressure (~12PSI)
- Will check in a week.
Tags: American IPA